Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman

The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton

Mystery. Time-Travel. Adult.

Rating: 3/5

Pages: 430

Started: 1 November 2024
Finished: 1 March 2024

Summary:
    Aiden Bishop wakes up afraid, in the middle of the woods alone, with only one memory: that a girl named Anna is going to be killed. As Aiden begins to interact with more of the members of the mysterious and suspicious party at the rural estate of Blackheath Manor located near the woods, he only becomes more confused. But he quickly learns that the estate's owner, Evelyn Hardcastle, is destined to die every night in a perverse time loop--unless Aidan, who wakes up in a new body every day, can solve her murder. 

Thoughts:
    I almost just didn't finish this book when my audiobook hold ran out 15% away from the end, and I'm not sure I'm glad I did. I know this book is generally highly liked, but I thought it was highly boring. The premise was cool, the characters complex, and the writing okay, but it dragged on for far too long. There were too many pieces of the mystery that seemed similar, too many times of the same day lived in a new body. If this book had taken place over three days, I think I would have been more of a fan, but I'm definitely not going to recommend it to anyone as is.