Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman

The Shortest History of Israel and Palestine by Michael Scott-Baumann

History. Non-Fiction. 

Rating: 4/5

Pages: 288 (7hrs30mins)

Summary:
    Michael Scott-Baumann lays out a timeline of events taking place in and in relation to the area currently known as Israel and Palestine. With minimal personal perspective and voices and logic from all sides, Scott-Baumann presents a relatively comprehensive overview of the different perspectives and happenings that are causing the current violence in the area. 

Thoughts:
    I am so glad I stumbled upon this book. The conflict in Israel/Palestine right now is extremely complex, and I have been aware I was missing context, but kept putting off more research. I am as torn and heartbroken now as I was before, but I am so much more informed. The book makes it clear that there are hundreds of years of fear and oppression that are converging to cause so much pain right now. It is a complex issue without a clear solution, but I feel educated enough now to enter into intelligent conversation on the subject.