Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman

Homelessness Is A Housing Problem by Greg Colburn and Clayton Page Aldern

Non-Fiction. Society. Economics. 

Rating: 3.5/5

Pages: 283 (six hours)

Started: 25 August 2023
Finished: 3 September 2023

Summary:
    This is a book exploring the different factors present in the nation-wide homelessness crisis, essentially coming to the conclusion that homelessness is a housing problem.

Thoughts:
    This was a very interesting book to listen to. I would not have gotten through it on paper, but at 2.5x speed and with the option to space out when the numbers started coming up, I was able to get the gist, which I honestly quite enjoyed. This is such a debated topic right now, and I feel like the information I got from this book (ex: lots of families, with just the option of temporary affordable housing, could avoid becoming homeless at all, and homelessness is not just its visible face (single-person families living on the street)) is going to help me be able to talk about the issue with other people in my life with far better understanding. All the numbers rattled off so fast was a little rough to listen to, so I don't know if I'm going to pursue this type of book via audiobook again, but I'm glad I read it and would highly recommend to anyone interested in attaining a broader understanding of the reason there's a homelessness crisis in some places in the US, and none at all in others.