Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (Six of Crows Duology # 1)

Young Adult. Fantasy. Found Family. Tzarpunk. Heist. 

Reread again. Just because. 

Rating: 4.5/5

Pages: 465

Started: a while ago. it was a slow reread.
Finished: 12 December 2022

Summary:
    Nina Zenik, a heartrender who can heal wounds and make hearts stop within chests. 
    Matthias Helvar, an imprisoned Fjerdan soldier to hate Grisha like Nina with all his being. 
    Jesper, a sharpshooter who can't leave a wager on the table. 
    Wylan, the estranged scientist son of a rich merchant. 
    And Inej, an acrobat who learned to spy and kill to survive. 
     Kaz Brekker, the bastard of the barrel, who wants revenge, and to be rich. Within the Dregs, his gang, he's a prince, but to the city of Ketterdam he's just another criminal scamming tourists and stealing from gullible marks. When he's offered an obscene about of money to put together a team and infiltrate the impenetrable Ice Court to steal a scientist, he can't refuse. 
    
Thoughts: 
    This book is my heart. Of course I love the characters, the aesthetic of the settings, the banter, the magic. But it's Leigh Bardugo's writing that truly makes me feel that this book is home. Every word feels dark and lovely, not glittering but unequivocally right. Her words make me feel like I can breathe, like there is something beautiful and right in the world, even when she is describing a man getting his eyeball ripped out and "trailing bloody rot." 

Quotes: 
    "'My ghost won't associate with your ghost,' said Matthias, then wondered if the sea air was rotting his brain" 
 "Maybe I liked your stupid face."
  "I will have you without armor, Kaz Brekker, or I will not have you at all."