Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass # 1)

Young Adult. Fantasy. Murder. Assassin. Mystery. Romance. 

Started out loud with Rachel, finished more than a month later on a new copy by myself because the original copy, while Rachel had it, got soaked in a thunderstorm in Florida.

Rating: 4/5
 
Pages: 404

Started: 20 June 2022
Finished: 16 August 2022

Summary:
     Celaena Sardothien, the best assassin in all of Adarlan, has been imprisoned in the deadly Endovier Salt Mines for a year, and she knows she can't last for much longer. So when the Crown Prince of Adarlan arrives with an offer, she has no choice but to accept: she will enter a competition whose prize is to become the King's Champion. If she wins, after four years of service to the cruel and conquering king, she will be freed. And if she loses, she'll be send back to Endovier to die. But as the competition progresses Celaena begins to learn about all the secrets the King of Adarlan's palace holds, and the dangers they present: both to the world, and to her. 

Thoughts:
    I adore this book with all my heart. I've read it so many times (it used to be my go-to sick-day book when I hadn't yet read the rest of the series) but I manage to read scenes in new ways each time. This time I bookmarked any information that might pertain to a Crescent City/Throne of Glass/A Court of Thorns and Roses crossover, which will hopefully be useful to look back at when the next book comes out. I love Celaena so much: she's very human but she's also such a badass that it brings me joy. I like that she's a little petty and loves food and books and fashion and that she can murder people with her bare hands. It's a little hard to read this book knowing exactly where the series is going--watching her slowly figure out clues is frustrating, and seeing her agonizing over Dorian or Chaol is sad because I both hate Chaol and love who she ends up with later on. The other thing that's a little frustrating about this series is the overuse of hyperbole. Whenever Celaena is hurt or scared, it's the most hurt or most scared she's ever been, which is a bit annoying. However, this book brings me so much joy that I am happy to overlook a few mistakes. I am so excited to keep reading this series, and I hope to finish it before school starts, though that's not extremely likely.