Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass # 2)

Young Adult. Fantasy. Murder. Assassin. Badass Protagonist. Romance. Magic.

Rating: 4/5

Pages: 418

Started: 17 August 2022
Finished: 18 August 2022

Summary:
    Though Celaena has won the competition to become the King's Assassin, her work is not done. Not only does the king require her to murder his enemies around the kingdom--good people who threaten his controlling rule--but Elena requires Celaena's help again, too. Cain may be gone, but the more Celaena looks, the more sinister magic she finds in the castle. As she attempts to answer riddles and find rebels, she must decide what to believe, and more importantly, who to trust. 

Thoughts:
    This is one of my less-favorite books in the TOG series, but it's still amazing. Celaena's reluctance to do what is needed to be done drags a little, and knowing how much I hate Chaol later on, I feel little interest in their relationship. But when other plot points fail, Celaena's badassery remains. She is so freaking cool. She's talented and sad and violent and kind and I adore her with all my heart. I cannot wait to continue reading this series, and to get to my favorite book, QOS. 

Words:
    Belicose (adj) demonstrating aggression and willingness to fight.