Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (ACOTAR # 2)

Fantasy. Fae. Magic. War. Romance. Enemies to Lovers. Power.

Rating: 4/5

Pages: 624

Started: June 27
Finished: June 29

Summary:
    Feyre has freed Prythian from the evil Amarantha, but at what cost? After the horrors of Under the Mountain, Feyre struggles to fit into the same role that she held before she was irrevocably transformed into High Fae. Though Tamlin wants nothing but to love and protect her, Feyre feels too broken to be a blushing pretty bride. As war with Hybern looms, Feyre must decide where to draw the line: where to stand for what she believes in, and who to stand with. 

Thoughts:
    The parts of this book that I used to love felt a little boring this time through, probably because I had read them and thought about them so many times that they felt too predictable. The parts I didn't remember, though ... those were incredible. I had forgotten exactly how the book ended and when I finished it, I squealed, sprinted upstairs for the third book, and started it immediately. I did struggle, like I always do, with Nesta and Elain's involvement. I'm not sure why I find it so hard, but something about their being more traumatized than Feyre combined with their lack of gratitude and understanding of the situation she worked so hard to understand feels wrong. It's not just with this series or females even. If I read a romance novel I can't read the rest of the series if it involves the romantic lead's other brothers finding love. It feels wrong to me somehow. I was hoping I could read ACOMAF this time with the idea that Feyre, Elain and Nesta are three equal protagonists, but it's not working. I guess we'll just have to see how the rest of the series goes. I'm going to try to finish ACOWAR before we leave on our trip, but I guess we'll have to see how it goes.