Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman

Legacy by Shannon Messenger (Keeper of the Lost Cities # 8)

Middle Reader. Fantasy. Chosen One. Elves. Magic. Romance. 

Read because of Allie. This is the last of the books she lent me, so we'll see how it goes trying to get copies of the rest of the series.
Disclaimer: I read this during dead week, so it took me a while to get through, and my opinions are a bit scattered.

Rating: 3/5

Started: 5 June 2022
Finished: 11 June 2022 

Summary:
    Sophie is done being steps behind the evil Neverseen--she wants to protect her friends, and she wants to win the war once and for all. So when the Council appoints her and her friends to the ranks of the nobility, giving them the ability to travel freely and the responsibility to work alongside the council, Sophie is tentatively hopeful. Maybe, when faced with a true team, the Neverseen will fall. But the evil group is smart, and the many moving pieces of a team makes mistakes very, very easy. 

Thoughts:
    I'm getting a little tired of this series, but I mostly liked this book. The fight against the Neverseen is getting really, really old--the confrontations are kind of all the same, and it's really frustrating to never have all the information about what's going on. But I did like all the community and camaraderie and power in this book. As always, watching Sophie's powers get stronger was fun. I'm not thrilled Keefe is also going to have fancy powers, but oh well. All the characters working together as a team was super fun, since there was less lying and hiding. I didn't like Sophie and Fitz's relationship at all, but that's the point. I really hope Sophie just gets with Keefe already in the next book so I don't have to watch Fitz be a "perfect" but very asshole-ish boyfriend any more. 
    Despite my trash talk, I really did enjoy this book, and I'm going to try my best to get the 9th book as soon as possible.