Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman

Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon Hale

Cover image for Rapunzel's Revenge
Middle Reader. Graphic Novel. Fairytale Retelling. Fantasy. Western. Action.
Romance. 

Rating: 2.8/5

Started: 11 April 2022
Finished: 12 April 2022

Summary:
    In this Rapunzel retelling that takes place in the wild west, Rapunzel, who uses her long braids as lassos, and her friend Jack, go on a journey with the goal of exacting revenge on Mother Gothel. 

Thoughts:
    When I was younger, I desperately wanted to read this book, but never did, because I felt like my parents would get mad at me for reading a graphic novel. Well, I don't think I was missing much. I expected to love this book, but I really didn't. I think it might have been the art--it felt blurry and messy somehow. The faces weren't in the right place on the people or something. 
    I might read the second book, because it was a super quick read and the protagonist was a bit of a badass, but I'm mostly just disappointed that it wasn't as good as I thought it was when I was little.