Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman

Heartstopper by Alice Oseman

Amazon.com: Heartstopper Volume One: 9781444951387: Oseman, Alice: Books
Webcomic. Realistic Fiction. YA. LGBTQ+. Romance. 

Re-read. Again. Why does it help so much with stress?!?!

Rating: 5/5

Started: 7 March 2022
Finished: 8 March 2022

Summary:
    Charlie has fallen for a straight boy. Nick is a year older than him, and sits next to him in homeroom. They're friends--best friends--but there's no way that Nick likes Charlie back. Right?
   
Thoughts:
    Just opening up Heartstopper, even only to look at the art style, makes me instantly happy. I needed this re-read so badly, and it helped me so much. Alice is kind of my favorite person ever. 
    Heartstoper is genius. It feels so kind and pure, and tackles complex topics like sexuality, bullying, mental illness and eating disorders with endless accuracy and compassion. I think that if everyone read this comic, people as a whole would be more accepting and understanding about all of the topics involved. The characters are so lovable, and do the right thing so often, that it just brings me joy. 
    Some things I noticed this time: During the Paris trip, Aled is humming (maybe the Universe City song?) and Sahar is reading a copy of the pink British cover of Radio Silence. Also, a lot of things that Tori does in Heartstopper also happen in Solitaire, so it's cool to see how those connect. 
    I am so excited for Hearstopper Netflix to come out some time this year. The cast looks perfect, and I think the show is going to be amazing.