Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman

The Kings of Clonmel (Ranger's Apprentice # 8)

Fantasy. Medieval. Found Family. 

God knows how many times I've read this book. It's okay. It's a comfort book.

Rating: 4/5

Started: 10 January 2022
Finished: 18 January 2022

Summary:
    After discovering that his brother's kingdom of Clonmel is being taken over by a manipulative cult called the Outsiders, Halt enlists Will and Horace to help him take the cult down. 

Thoughts:
    I love this book. It's not one of my favorite plots, and the final action is kind of just stressful for me at this point, but all of the in-between moments are amazing. Halt trusting Will, the three of them working together, and all of the banter are incredible. This is definitely one of the books that makes me fall in love with Halt more, which is always a good thing. Just like all of the other books, its very white, cis het male dominated, but the fact that they are so different from me or the culture that I live in is almost refreshing. I  intend to slowly keep reading this series as I need emotional support/easy reads throughout this winter.