Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman

Our Violent Ends by Chloe Gong

Young Adult. Urban Fantasy. Historical Fiction. Romeo and Juliette Retelling.
 
Rating: 4.5/5

Started: 3 December
Finished: 5 December

Summary:
     In order to keep both Marshall and her reputation safe, Juliette Cai must maintain the illusion that she manipulated Roma and murdered Marshall. But when she and Roma are forced by their fathers to work together, keeping that buffer of hatred gets harder and harder. 
     Roma Montagov wants to kill Juliette. For betraying him, for killing his best friend, for how much he loves her still. 
     As Shanghai descends into war between nationalists, communists, gangs, and monsters, Roma and Juliette must decide what it is time to give up, and what is worth fighting for. 

Thoughts:
    Well. That ending hurt. I don't know why I was expecting them to survive, but I was. So. This book was so much better than the first. Benedikt and Marshall were everything, Roma and Juliette's relationship was so strong, the almost suicides were so good, and the plot was amazing. The characters spent a lot of time with little power, which was super frustrating, but aside from that it was amazing. I'm so glad Amelia made me read it. I kept freaking out while reading it, and I had to go into the hall to scream with Amelia for a little while during the Benedikt in Marshall "Because I love you" scene. I'm still reeling over the end, because Alisa mourning them, after? Hurts like fucking hell.