Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman

Minyard-Josten Rivalry by Rory_writes

Fanfic. AFTG. Minyard-Josten Rivalry. Post-Canon. Canon-Compliant. Renalison. 

Fanfic, 200,000 words, read in under 24 hrs. I'm counting it as a book, even thought its not fully done yet. Recommended by Ada. 

Rating: 4.5/5

Started: 5 November
Finished: 6 November

Summary:
    After the media catches one of Andrew and Neils typical interactions, involving a lot of swearing and "i hate you," they come to believe that Andrew and Neil, now on different teams, are rivals. Finding the media's interpretation of their relationship hilarious, Andrew and Neil agree to not set the record straight. 

Thoughts:
    Minyard-Josten rivalry is my favorite fic/hc category, and this did not disappoint. It was quite accurate to all the characters, which is the most important thing for me. Neil was a little more purposefully annoying, and Andrew was a little more healed than I'd think he would really be after so little time, but there was nothing truly wrong in either of their portrayals. There were some new characters, all of whom were pretty good, and we got to see Leila and Alvarez, Jerejean, and Renalison, along with a bunch of other queer characters. There were so many incredible rivalry moments, and so many incredible Andreil moments, that it made me very happy. I cried once, but that might have been partly because I was having a rough night. Either way, I will be recommending this to every AFTG fan I know from here on out.