Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman

The Burning Bridge by John Flanagan (Ranger's Apprentice # 2)

Rating: 3/5

Started: 15 October
Finished: 18 October

Summary:
    The war against Morgarath is truly beginning, and between the stress of planning a battle and the need for an expendable person in a time where every person is needed, Halt decides to send Will with Gilan, along with Horace, on a mission to negotiate with a neighboring kingdom for troops. However, Will and his companions find the kingdom completely empty. When Gilan leaves to deliver the news to the king, Will, Horace, and Evanlyn, their new companion, are forced to take dangerous actions in order to protect their kingdom. 

Thoughts:
    In my opinion, this is one of the weaker Ranger's Apprentice books. That being said, I love this book with all my heart. The Gilan-Will-Horace banter is lovely, and just the feel of the books brings me this simple happiness and comfort that I don't experience with many other books. I don't tell a lot of people that I read this series because it's very different from other books that I like, and it its kind of sexist and non-diverse and definitely has issues, but it is so comforting. It's like a rom-com without the embarrassment. Everything goes right. Everyone is good at what they are supposed to be. Bad qualities are resolved in heroes and noted and then destroyed in villains. The protagonists are always, always in the right. This book in particular has almost no Halt, who is my favorite character in the series, and more Will not actually knowing what he's doing, but still. The final scene, with Halt riding and shouting after Will on the boat is actually kind of heartbreaking. 
    I'm not planning on immediately going onto the next book, but I do intended to slowly keep working through the series. In the mean time I'll keep obsessing over Maneskin. Maybe I'll read a book in Spanish. Who knows.