Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman

Eliza and her Monsters by Francesca Zappia

Young Adult. Realistic Fiction. Fandom. Art. 

Re-read but very, very quickly, because I need a text-to-text connection to Arthur Miller's The Crucible and the connection between the girls having to stick with their lie of being possessed is similar to Eliza having to keep her being LadyConstellation. 

Rating: 4.25/5 

Started: 13 October
Finished: 13 October


Summary:
    LadyConstellation is the creator of the massively popular webcomic Monstrous Sea and the mother of it's fandom. But in real life, her name is Eliza Mirk. She's a high school senior.  No one knows that she is LadyConstellation, and she wants to keep it that way. Then a famous member of her fandom transfers to her school. Eliza's struggles to balance art and life bring up the question: Is finishing her art a privilege or a duty?

Thoughts:
    This is a super, super good book. I was feeling particularly emotional when I read this, so it might be more me than the book, but I cried several times. There are a bunch of moments that are just so. good. I'm very glad I reread the whole book. I love Church and Sully a lot, and Eliza getting better and Wallace and the awe when she finally publishes the end of her webcomic are freaking heaven. 
    One quote I really liked: "It's the things we care about most that leave the biggest holes." 
    Yeah. That's about it. This book is amazing.