Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman

Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger (Keeper of the Lost Cities # 1)

Second read. Read because my little cousin told me to.

Middle Reader. Fantasy. 

Rating: 3.5/5

Started: 16 July 
Finished: 17 July

Summary: Twelve year old high-school senior Sophie Foster has been able to read minds since she was five. When she is told by a mysterious boy that not only is she an elf, but she must leave her home to live among her kind, she wonders if maybe she will be able to fit in. But as her powers reveal to be mythically strong and a secretive rebel group begins to communicate with her, Sophie realizes there is something going on that she doesn't quite understand.

Thoughts: This book was solid, especially for being middle reader. I would have preferred an older group of protagonists and Sophie being ace, but despite the book being a little basic, cliche, and simple, I read it fast and enjoyed all of it, and really, isn't that the point? A super quick read that definitely didn't change my life, but I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.